Trailways of New York View From My Window 2014 Facebook Photo Contest Official Rules
Please read these Official Rules before entering this promotion (the “Promotion”). By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. Void where prohibited.
1. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, age 18 or older (or the age of majority in entrant’s state of residence), and who, upon entering the Promotion, at the time of the drawing, and if asked to provide an affidavit of eligibility following the drawing, have a user account on Facebook and “like” Trailways of New York on Facebook. If you do not meet all of these requirements, or any other eligibility requirements in these Official Rules, you are not eligible to win a prize, and Adirondack Transit Lines Inc. (“Sponsor”) reserves the right not to award prizes to you. Employees, directors, and officers of Sponsor and Sponsor’s advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to win. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Promotion Period: This Promotion begins at 12:00 p.m. ET on October 7, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 4, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
3. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Promotion is Adirondack Transit Lines Inc. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submitting an Official Entry Form you understand and acknowledge that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and its affiliates and not to Facebook.
4. How to Enter: To enter the Trailways View From My Window 2014 Facebook Photo Contest, you must submit your entry form by visiting Trailways of New York’s Facebook page and liking Trailways of New York’s Facebook page (if you have not previously liked it), and upload a picture that best captures the view from your Trailways of New York bus window. Incomplete entries, failure to follow the instructions, procedures and/or these Official Rules shall render the entry invalid.
Bonus Entries – After submitting your Entry Form, you will be provided with the option to “tell a friend” about this promotion. When you share the Promotion with your friends and they enter the photo contest, you will receive an additional entry into the Promotion.
a. Limit one (1) entry per person, however, that a person may earn Bonus Entries as set forth above. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address connected to the Facebook account that is used to enter will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
b. No substitutions of Official Entry Forms will be accepted under any circumstances, except as otherwise contemplated in these Official Rules. Proof of submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt of such entry. Furthermore, Sponsor shall have no liability for any Entry that is lost, intercepted or not received by Sponsor. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for the Promotion. All Official Entry Forms become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Photo Approval: The Sponsor of this Promotion will approve each photo contest entry prior to the entry being posted in the online gallery. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry for any reason.
6. Voting: All submitted photos will become part of a gallery on the Trailways of New York Facebook page. This gallery allows anyone who likes Trailways of New York on Facebook to vote and comment on their favorite photo. You do not have to enter a photo to be able to vote or comment.
7. Winners: Winner is responsible for reporting and paying any and all income, sales or excise tax that may be applicable to accepting the Prize; Sponsor is not responsible for and will not pay any such taxes. Sponsor will issue a 1099 to the Winner if the value of the prize exceeds $600.
8. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning the prize depends on the number of eligible photo contest entries received and the number of people who vote in the contest. Many will enter, only 54 will win. Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of entries to be submitted or the number of voters who will participate in the Promotion.
9. Winner Selection: The winners will be selected based on the number of votes received during the promotion period. The photo contest entry with the most votes will receive the Grand Prize. The next three photos with the highest number of votes will receive the first prizes. The first 50 entries will receive the Entry Prize. The winners will be notified by email (at the address provided in the Entry Form) by November 21, 2014. Prize will be awarded within thirty (30) days after winner verification. If a prize notification is returned as undeliverable or if the winner does not respond to the notification within seven (7) calendar days, it will result in disqualification, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing. The prize winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within seven (7) days following the date of attempted notification. Prizes are not assignable or transferable, except to a surviving spouse.
The prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose), except that the prize will be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty (if any). No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prize will be permitted.
10. Verification of Winner: Prize winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability release, W-9 and (where imposing such condition is legal) a publicity release (collectively “Prize Claim Documents”). If any potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within seven (7) days of Prize notification, or such shorter time as exigencies may require, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
11. Use of Winner’s Name, Photo Entry and Other Personal Information: Except where prohibited by Law, by accepting his/her Prize, the winner grants Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates the universal and perpetual right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, re-produce, display, distribute and broadcast and to grant others the right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, re-produce, display, distribute and broadcast the winners’ name, actual or simulated likeness, photograph, image, voice, portrait, picture, personal characteristics, biographical information, photo entry and other personal identification in any and all languages, formats and media now known and hereafter developed in connection with Trailways of New York’s Facebook Page, Trailways of New York’s Website, the Promotion and/or any Promotion-related activity and any and all advertising, promotion, marketing, and/or publicity thereof including all ancillary and subsidiary rights therein, without additional consideration. The winner ensures that the personal information provided in conjunction with this promotion is factual and the Sponsor is not responsible for inaccurate information provided by entrants.
12. Prizes: One (1) grand prize winner receives an Apple iPad Mini. Three (3) separate first prize winners will be selected to receive two (2) round-trip tickets to anywhere Trailways of New York travels, not including our connecting carrier routes. Visit this link for our route map https://trailwaysstage.wpengine.com/index.php/route-map/. The first fifty (50) people to enter a photo in the promotion will receive a Trailways branded chip clip and luggage tag.
Approximate Retail Value (ARV) – Grand Prize: $399, First Prizes: from $22 to a maximum of $300 depending on the tickets selected by the winner, Entry Prizes: $1.80 total per winner.
Prize will be delivered only to an address in the United States. No cash alternative or substitution of Prize will be allowed; except Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to substitute prizes (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. The Prize is non-transferrable. The winner agrees to accept the Prize “as is”.
13. Information Collected: By submitting an entry, participants acknowledge that any communication or information transmitted to Sponsor or the website by email or otherwise is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
14. Disqualification: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or, as applicable, the operation of the website or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. Such a person will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify any Promotion, game or drawing not capable of completion as planned, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical or other failures of any sort or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor.
15. Official Rules: This Promotion is subject to these Official Rules, which will be available online on the Trailways of New York Facebook page during the Promotion Period. By entering the Promotion, participants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules of the Promotion, or the Promotion itself and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decision is binding and final in all respects.
16. Release: By entering, a participant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and each of their respective Officers, Directors, Employees, Agents and Representatives from any liability (including without limitation liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury, bodily injury, death, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity), cost and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorney’s fees and costs) that may arise in connection with: (1) the entrant’s participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; (2) typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Promotion materials; (3) acceptance or possession, defects in, use, misuse, or inability to use any prize (or any component thereof) (except any product warranty applicable at the time of sale); (4) any change by Sponsor or any other person providing any of the components of a prize due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control or as otherwise permitted hereunder; (5) any interruption in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Promotion; (6) human error; (7) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of an entry (including without limitation, the entry information or any part thereof); (8) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the site, network, computer online system, computer equipment, software or internet service provider utilized by Sponsor or its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates or by any entrants; (9) interruption or inability to access the contest, any contest-related web pages or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; (10) any damage to entrants (or any third persons) computer or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the contest; (11) any lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, defects, or any other error or malfunction; (12) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates or any of their Agents or Employees; or (13) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary or affiliate. Each winner hereby acknowledges that Sponsor has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in Law, relative to any Prize or component thereof.
17. Disclaimers: If, by reason of any error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims may be included in a random drawing to award the advertised prizes. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
18. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of Law or conflict of Law Rules or provisions. Any legal claims arising out of or related to this Promotion or these Official Rules must be brought in Federal or State Courts located in Albany, New York.
19. Winners List/Rules: The names of the winners may be obtained after November 10, 2014 and before December 31, 2014 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Trailways View From My Window Photo Contest Winner, Adirondack Transit Lines Inc., 499 Hurley Avenue, Hurley, New York 12443, Attention: A. Berardi. For a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received before October 31, 2014 to Trailways View From My Window Promotion Official Rules, Adirondack Transit Lines Inc., 499 Hurley Avenue, Hurley, New York 12443, Attention: A. Berardi.