Refunds and Ticket Exchanges
See if your ticket is eligible for rebooking or a refund here:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Assistance
If your travel plans are being interrupted by Coronavirus (COVID-19), Trailways is committed to helping.
On March 5th, 2020 Trailways.com announced a new policy to make traveling easier during this uncertain time. Learn more about our detailed policy below:
- Customers travelling between Wednesday March 4th, 2020 and Thursday April 30th 2020 are now eligible for a complimentary re-booking through December 31st, 2020. Increases in fare difference apply if you are re-booking a non refundable fare class.
- Customers with Flexible Fare refundable tickets as well as those customers affected by a schedule disruption due to COVID-19 may change their ticket to another trip at any time without a fee or need to pay additional fare differences.
Please follow the simple steps at the next tab to help navigate the re-booking process, or to determine if your ticket is eligible for a refund.
If you purchased your ticket from Trailways.com and are traveling between Wednesday March 4th, 2020 and Wednesday April 30th, 2020, please proceed to the next tab.
If your ticket was purchased at a retail location, you must visit that location or contact Customer Care prior to the departure date and time printed on your ticket in order to determine the options available to you.
Thank you for purchasing your ticket on Trailways.com.
For customers that purchased Flexible Fare tickets while logged into their Driven Rewards account, please log in again to reschedule your travel before the date and time of departure of your ticket.
For customers traveling on Saver Fare non refundable tickets, please contact our Customer Care Center by phone before the date and time of departure of your ticket.
As always, customers with Flexible Fare tickets may request a complimentary refund by submitting a request online (see below on this page) or by phone by contacting the Customer Care Center prior to the date and time of departure printed on your ticket.
- There is no change fee for tickets purchased between March 4th, 2020 and April 30th, 2020
- Tickets may be changed on a one-time basis to an alternate travel date and all changes must be made prior to the original date and time of travel
- Non-refundable (Saver Fare) tickets are still ineligible for a refund unless a schedule is unavailable for you to be rescheduled on to. Tickets must be re-issued for future travel before 12/31/2020
- While change fees are waived, positive differences in fare may apply to all non refundable fare classes
Requesting A Refund
Need to request a refund? Follow these steps:
If you purchased your ticket online through Trailways.com, or at one of our retail locations you’re in the right place. Please continue to the next question.
If you purchased your ticket from another carrier or from a 3rd party booking website (e.g., Wanderu, Busbud, etc.), you’ll need to contact them directly to process your refund.
If you purchased a Flex Fare ticket you should continue to, “How do I submit my ticket for a refund?”
Saver Fares are not eligible for a refund.
Have a non-refundable fare type? Try rescheduling your ticket.
We’re working hard to bring online cancellations and refunds functionality to your Driven Rewards account. In the meantime, please submit your refund request below.
- Tickets purchased online are eligible for a refund once the printed date of travel has passed. Refunds may take up to 7 to 14 business days to be processed by our Customer Care Center.
- Tickets purchased at a retail location are typically processed within 5 to 7 business days.
Please note: If you were not logged into your account when purchasing your ticket you must contact Customer Care to submit a refund request.
Ready to reschedule travel online? Follow these steps:
•If you purchased your ticket from Trailways.com and you were logged into your account at the time of purchase – please log in to your account to reschedule travel.
•If you purchased your ticket for travel from one of our retail locations you may visit any of our retail ticketing locations to reschedule your travel.
•If you purchased your ticket from another carrier, or from a 3rd party website (e.g., Wanderu.com, Busbud.com, BusTickets.com. etc.,) you must contact your ticket seller directly to reschedule your travel. Please note that rescheduling your travel may not be possible.
Having a Driven Rewards account comes with big perks and rescheduling travel is one of them. Log in now and select the upcoming trip you’d like to reschedule by visiting Your Account.
Kindly note that only tickets purchased at the time you were logged into your account will populate in your profile at this time.
Don’t have an account but want to be part of our loyalty program? Simply register for an account using the same email on file that you use to purchase with us and we’ll automatically gather your upcoming trips where you can choose the trip you’d like to reschedule.
Was your trip cancelled due to severe weather conditions or uncontrollable event? The Trailways Customer Care Center is here to help.
Contact our Customer Care Center by phone within 24 hours of your originally scheduled date and time of travel in order to reschedule your purchase made online.
Trips purchased online that are later determined to be a trip cancelled due to severe weather or uncontrollable event may be rescheduled for another trip up to 14 days following the original date and time of travel.
Customers that purchased Flexible Fare tickets while logged into their Driven Rewards account may log in again to reschedule their travel at any time.