Top Ten Tips for Traveling by Bus During Thanksgiving Break
Traveling during major holidays can be stressful. Check out these tips for traveling during Thanksgiving break to help you sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.
- Travel on “Off Days” – If your schedule allows, travel the Tuesday before and return the Saturday before or Monday after Thanksgiving. Not only will you avoid the crowds but you will also avoid the traffic delays.
- Allow Time for Travel Delays – If you have to travel on the busy days, leave plenty of time for delays. Thanksgiving week is one of the busiest travel holidays of the year!
- Purchase and Print Your Tickets Online…early! – Buy your ticket early for the lowest price and best schedule availability.
- Arrive Early for Your Bus – Again, this is our busiest holiday of the year! We recommend you arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled departure.
- Download Your Favorite Movies and Shows Before You Travel – All of our buses have free WiFi, however, you are limited to how much data you can use and most streaming websites are blocked to allow all passengers to have access to this service. Many of the most popular streaming sites such as Netflix and Spotify, allow you to download your movies and music before traveling.
- Wear Layers – When traveling by bus, temperatures will vary depending if you are sitting in a warm bus or terminal, or if you are standing outside waiting for your bus. Wear layers in order to adjust and make your travel comfortable.
- ID Tags on Luggage – Please an ID badge on the outside and inside of your luggage.
- Be Smart – Keep important items in your carry-on bags such as electronics, medicine, etc.
- Come Prepared – Bring your headphones, chargers (yes you can charge on the bus), and some snacks for the ride!
- Thank a Driver! – Take a minute this Thanksgiving holiday to #ThankaDriver. TrailwaysNY ‘s commitment to safety is personified in the outstanding safety record of our operators, many of whom will be missing Thanksgiving with their families to make sure you can be with yours. You’ll see…a little thanks goes a long way.
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at TrailwaysNY!