Coronavirus Information Center
Adirondack • New York • Pine Hill Trailways
To ensure the safety of our employees and our customers, in accordance with guidelines from the CDC, Federal Government, and New York State, the following protocols are currently in effect:
- We have enhanced our cleaning and disinfecting efforts which include misting our buses on a daily basis. Fogging is an anti-viral/anti-bacterial vapor misting program that disinfects large spaces by leaving a longer lasting residual clean. We are also using disinfecting wipes to frequently clean high contact surfaces.
- All customers must wear a face covering at all times including while boarding and riding on the bus. Any customer not wearing a face covering will be refused service and/or removed from the bus in accordance with state and local policy. If you do not have a face covering, click here for a video from the CDC on how to make your own. At this time, we are unable to provide face coverings on request to our customers.
- Passengers are asked to practice social distancing and to keep a minimum distance of six feet from other passengers or employees, whenever possible, while at our terminals, bus stops, and on board vehicles.
- The first row of seats behind the driver on both sides of the aisle may not be available to passengers on all trips.
- If you do not feel well, don’t travel. Our Customer Care Team will gladly help you reschedule your trip.
- With the exception of monthly passes, weekly passes, and 10 trip commuter tickets, all tickets are date and schedule specific. If you choose to change the date and/or time of your trip, your ticket must be reissued to the new schedule pending availability. Reissue fees vary depending on your original fare class and can cost up to $20. If your travel has the potential to change all together, we encourage you to purchase the fully refundable and changeable Flexible Fare.
Trailways of New York
Adirondack Trailways, Pine Hill Trailways and New York Trailways.
Mask Requirement Policy (2/2021)
The Trailways of New York COVID-19 pandemic policy requires that all customers/passengers, employees and representatives must wear a mask in our bus terminals and on our motor coaches, including while boarding and disembarking from the coach.
The Trailways of New York Policy is consistent with and in compliance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Department of Health and Human Services (“CDC”) Order titled “Requirement for Persons to Wear Masks While on Conveyances and at Transportation Hubs”, issued on January 29, 2021 (“CDC Order). Trailways of New York has also adopted and posted Transportation Security Administration signage to notify individuals that TSA requires proper wearing of face masks, per federal law. Face masks are to be worn at all times. Failure to comply will result in denial of boarding or removal, and may result in penalties
The Trailways of New York Policy also acknowledges the exemption at footnote 8 of the CDC Order by requiring passengers who request travel without a mask due to a medical condition to obtain pre-clearance and certification from the Trailways Association that can be contacted via email at email@example.com or by telephone at (914) 559 2333 x 3 x 1.
Prior To Travel
In order to obtain pre-clearance and the required certification for travel, a passenger must contact the Trailways Association at least 24 hours before the desired departure time and provide:
- The date and time of proposed travel.
- Written current medical documentation from a qualified healthcare provider which specifically addresses
- the alleged disability,
- how it prevents the passenger from wearing a mask, and
- if there are any measures that can be taken to allow the passenger to wear a mask; and
- Evidence of a negative COVID-19 test taken no less than five days before planned travel.
The Trailways Association will review the information and determine whether the information is sufficient and, if so, will issue a formal certificate for the passenger to travel without a mask.
Passengers should allow at least 18 hours for their request to be processed. If a customer has not received a response from the Trailways Association within 18 hours after submission, they may call or email to check on the status.
Mask Exemption Certificate Use Rules
- On the day of travel, the passenger must provide the actual certificate to their drivers and in terminals. The certificate will include the time period for which the certificate is valid.
- Passengers who have begun their journey with a valid certificate may not be denied boarding later during their journey if the certificate has expired but they are still in transit.
- An issued certificate is only valid during the time period indicated on the certificate, with exception of in transit as defined in # 2 above. If a passenger plans to travel round trip, and the commencement of their return trip falls outside the original certificate validity period, they will need to apply for a new certificate including producing a new negative COVID test taken in the last 5 days.
- Passengers with valid certificates must agree to remain socially distant from other passengers and Trailways of New York employees and representatives while in the terminal and on the motor coach.
- The passenger will also be required to sit in the door-side front seat(s) of the motor coach.
- The passenger may be required to travel on a less crowded schedule as designated by Trailways of New York to allow for social distancing.